In Feb of 2011, I had gone with the boys to Edmonton for a mini holiday. Just the fuel getting there, the hotel for overnight and the food, cost enough.
While we were shopping I wandered into CrabTree and Evelyn and found myself attracted to one of the lovely lotions there. I am a bit of a lotion addict and I thought that since I wasn't really buying anything at all for myself, I would get this lotion.
I don't know if I bought it because of the lovely lemon smell, or because it was in a 'fancy' store, but bought it I did. Cost = $22 plus tax.
Fast forward to last weekend while I was cleaning. There is my lotion, barely used. What seemed like a good idea at the time, never really came to fruition. Turns out the lemon scent is quite strong. We can't wear scent at work so I can't wear it there. I tried wearing it before bed but the smell was overwhelming and even DH complained. I couldn't wear it to most of my outings as they involve the same folk I work with who are allergic. Wearing when I was about to eat took away from the great food aromas. So sat, it did.
Now I have it and I won't throw it out and no one in my own little world wants it so use it I shall. I can wear it when I go out for my walks. Perhaps with the breezes of the day it won't be quite so strong. Or maybe, it will keep the prairie mosquitos away :-)
I guess it shows that I shouldn't buy something just because it will make me feel fancy. It has to be practical for the long term.
I'm sure there are lots of folks out there who enjoy the scent of it and that is great. Everyone has their own thing they love.
And wouldn't life be boring if we all loved the exact same things, and disliked the same things.
It was a good reality check for me. sometimes lessons are best learned after the fact, so you can make better choices the next time around.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago

1 comment:
Ah... I do the same thing too. I once bought perfume (which I never wear) and went for the boxed edition just to get the lotion (which I never used.) Silly actually.
It's good that you found a way to wear it.
What I ended up doing with mine was dilute my cream with non-scented so I could enjoy it some of the time without it being overbearing.
Post a Comment