Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday morning this and that

Yesterday was a busy day for me. After a week of neglect it felt like this were just piling up around me.

  • Shopping - I went out (actually the husband came out too which is nearly a miracle) and I'd say 90% of my Christmas shopping is done. There are a couple more things on my list but the big stuff is done and just needs to be wrapped. I came home and tallied up the money. It goes so very very fast. I may have to reconsider my budget for xmas next year.
  • Baking - I had some baking I needed to do for our staff party. Homemade butter tarts. mmmm addictive.
  • Hockey - DS1 had hockey last night. I am working on curbing my concession spending at the games. It's just something in the air when you get to the rink that you just WANT to eat. The money goes fast though and let's be realistic, it's not all that good for you. I bought an herbal tea to sip. Hot, calorie free and $1
  • Scouts - DS2 headed off to Service Scouter camp up north. Some outdoor fun. Some indoor fun. He's loving it. Absolutely loving it. He'll be home sometime today.
  • Staff party - I have to say that I couldn't ask for better work colleague/friends. We get along so well. Work. play. teamwork. When you spend more waking hours in a day, in theory with your colleagues, than your family, a healthy relationship with them is so important. We had a progressive meal for our party. Cocktails at A's house, Appetizers at B, Entree at C, Dessert at D and ended up at house E. We rented a bus so that everyone could ride together and those who wanted to drink, could do so and know they had a safe ride.  Amazing group of people.
  • Today my sister comes home home from Turkey. She spent a month there with a friend for her trip of a lifetime. She's been saving for this forever. I can't wait to hear all about it. My mom was sure she'd be killed travelling in such a different place. Mom's a bit of a  worrier LOL
  • DS1 has another hockey game this afternoon and then we're off to mom's for supper.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm jealous that you are 90% done with shopping! I'm heading out Mon. morning to try and complete most of my list...but I may run out of $$$ before I run out of list!

Maureen said...

I am 0% organised for Christmas, wishing it would all just go away.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I can't help but be uber impressed with your debt repayment.

Your charts on the right are really fantastic.

Jane said...

All sounds very positive. I like that progressive dinner idea, and I'm with you - good relationships with colleagues sooo important to one's wellbeing and peace of mind. I've had some of the more negative sorts to work with so really appreciate the wonderful folks I work with now.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you're almost done your Christmas shopping! Yay! I have one more small gift to buy then i'm done too!! :)