Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

ahhh the joys of having kids :-)

So yesterday was a wonderfully lazy work day at home. On my ta done list:
  • tree up with lights (no decorations yet)
  • 12 presents wrapped
  • 12 loads of laundry done
  • cleaning bathrooms and floors
  • moved in the boys' new boxspring and mattress their father bought thlem
  • lists of things to do and buy
  • roasted chicken supper
  • messing with my boys' heads
So I decided to be a bit different in the labelling of the gifts. Like all kids, the boys like to look at the presents and do their guessing. I always put things in different boxes or weigh them down to make it harder to guess. I added to that, the following:

Oh yeah, that's right! I coded them by Alphabet, not by the name of the child. I kept track in a little book what each lettered gift was and who it goes to.

And what do my boys think?

DS1 (Age 16) "Oh mom!!! that's mean!!!! you're cruel! Are they colour coded??? Do the letters on the gifts refer to what's inside????"
DS2 (Age 13) "oh mom you're really messing with DS1's head. Love it!!!"

lol

8 comments:

Niki said...

12 loads of laundry. You are awesome.

I love your idea, no shaking the gift and knowing exactly what it is.

its me, sam said...

My mom used to use numbers and kept the list in her purse! Too funny! And the laundry? Ten loads for our house...

Jane said...

What a great idea - I mean...isn't that why we have kids?...to mess with their heads lol!!
We did the gift exchange last night at my party with friends where each person gets a number and each person can either choose a new wrapped gift or steal from someone else. It was both hilarious and cutthroat! I ended up with a pair of red Canadian olympic mittens so consider myself lucky.

Anonymous said...

12 loads of laundry?! OMG! I'd die... lol!!! 2-3 loads a week and i'm done thankfully!

I absolutely *LOVE* how you coded the gifts!! lol! I just know if I did that i'd lose the "master list"! haha!!!

Anonymous said...

We just don't bother putting anything out until Christmas Eve, after the kids are in bed. No guessing, so shaking boxes.

But, I do like how your mind works!

Canadian Saver said...

Great system for the gifts!!

Your kids are TOO funny!

Maureen said...

We always used to keep the kids gifts with an elderly neighbour and only put them out when they had gone to bed on Christmas Eve, so no shaking for my two. Do you think they were deprived LOL ???

jpkittie said...

12 loads of laundry?!?!!? yikes!!!

so cute on your way of wrapping though!!! :)