I felt awful this morning. And last night. A wonderful massive cold is hitting me and thus begins my illicit winter romance with Nyquil, Vicks and NeoCitrain.
I let myself sleep in this morning. til 11 AM. It's been a long long time since I did that. Obviously I must have needed that. As I curled up with my coffee, I went over my list of things I still had to purchase. Added to my list I started last week were things for my student teacher, 4 gifts for our big game exchange Christmas Eve and the items for my husband.
I came up with the Stop 1, Stop 2, Stop 3 plan of attack so I knew where I was going, in what order, and what I needed at each stop.
I knew it was going to be busy. There are not a lot of places to shop at in this small town of ours, but they are busy, nevertheless. It is also cold, snowy and blowy. Add to that, difficulty parking and long lines at the cash register.
I approached it all with a very zen like attitude. I vowed I would be calm, relaxed and not frustrated at all of those elements and it wouldn 't be too awful.
Yanno what? it actually worked. I didn't let the slow lines bother me. I didn't let the traffic in the narrow store lanes bother me. I parked at the far end of lines, not circling frantically, as some sharks, hoping that elusive spot by the doors would appear.
At home I dumped everything in my bedroom. Things have to be wrapped pretty much immediately as there isn't much for hiding places in my wee home. I had DS1 help me wrap the ones for his father. I wrapped the Santa gifts, on behalf of the white bearded man himself.
I sorted out the 2 prize gifts for a big game I am playing with my students on Tuesday morning. I was actually very disappointed when I went to Walmart at their selection of candy. There were NO candycanes. No little bags of kisses or the other generic Candy. I always give my students a treat bag as they head out on the last day and right now, the items in each bag are quite inadequate. Now I have to figure out a plan B and see who has something at reasonable prices. It takes about an hour to pack those treat bags so I guess I need to figure it out by tomorrow.
I still need to cook up the food for our classroom potluck. That will have to go on tomorrow's list as well.
DS1 is playing hockey away in another city tomorrow and his father is going but I think, for peace of mind, I need to stay at home and get more of these items off my 'to do' list so I can feel on top of things.
And now, the dishes are done, my to do lists are finished, the pressies are wrapped, and I do believe, it's time for a glass of wine.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
4 comments:
Cheers !!!!!! A job well done.
This is exactly what I do 'get in the zone' for shopping at this time of year...hubby laughs at me!
Hope you feel much better soon :)
You are on top of it. I keep saying I am gonna wrap at night, but I haven't yet. Tonight, I swear!
Great attitude! I am also trying not to sweat the small stuff, at the holidays and during the rest of the year too.
Try the grocery store for the candy, I bought lots of treats there. Not as cheap as Walmart but convenient.
Post a Comment