Happy Wednesday everyone. I can't believe we're almost halfway through July already. It goes so quickly.
Yesterday was a rainy morning, gloomy cold cold windy afternoon. It was 11C here and went down to 5C last night. Craziness.
I took advantage of the weather and headed off to the school to do some work. It's kind of eerie there in the summer some days when there is no one around. I'm never scared to be there but when the wind is blowing, boy do you hear a lot of sounds LOL
Fortunately the caretakers were there busy cleaning and waxing. Unfortunately my room was one of them. I was able to grab some stuff from where they dragged my room contents into the hall and curled up in the library to plan.
I wasn't alone. Two other teachers made there way as well to pass the gloomy afternoon. It's only been two weeks but it was good to catch up. It is great to get things done ahead of time. There is never enough time when school starts.
Earlier, I went to the bank. I had saved up $400 in snowflakes and I had $200 in rolled change. My vehicle payments are $592, so I round up to $600 and call it a lump sum payment. I am either getting better tellers or I am training the ones who didn't know but I had no trouble explaining this was an ADDITIONAL payment on my principal. I then went home to the log book where I have all the payments for the vehicle and flipped to the end and happily crossed off another payment at the end of the loan.
Tonight we go decorate the parade float for our Scouting group. My husband is a leader and DS2 is in Scouts. DS1 was as well until he hit High School.
I am starting to see school supplies ads on TV. Once again I find myself envious that I am not closer to the US. Their prices are amazing. I wonder why the same product here in Canada is so much more??? I will watch the sales to get the best deals possible.
When cleaning DS2's room, I gathered up all the school supplies that are Elementary based...notebooks, duotangs etc. They don't use these in High School. I took them to the school and plopped them in a bin so that when we get students at school with no supplies, we can just grab something from here.
Happy Day Everyone!!
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
8 comments:
I've been watching school ads lately too. Yesterday I snuck into Walmart and wanted to buy the entire school supply section for my summer program and for the fall. I mean, you can't ever have enough glue, markers, colored pencils, etc right? I am secretly thinking about taking some petty cash while we have it and stocking up a little bit every week here and there.
That's also great that your able to save money for a principle payment. I recently paid a principle payment on my car and scribbled principle all over it so they would know. I would hate for them to use it as a car payment when it's not suppose to be.
Serendipity
Wow, you are doing great on your lump sum payments! What a great feeling it must be to cross off those payments. I am going to start paying ahead on my car loan once my credit card debt is paid off...can't wait to follow in your footsteps! :)
Hey, Thanks a lot for wishing me happy Blogoversary!
Great job on another payment!
I know what you mean about the school supplies. They are so much cheaper in the states! I wish our prices were closer matched to their Walmart and Target prices.
I know what you mean about Hump Day where is the year going ?? Well done on making another Principal payment, great job on rolling those snowballs.
I just realized that I don't have to buy school supplies this year! All she needs is a few pens, pencils and I have tons of paper for her to take. "sniff" I'll miss buying crayons... Oh, wait I found 3 brand new boxes of 24 Crayolas today while cleaning out a cupboard, which I'll gift to my nephew who is starting kindergarten in the fall! Plus I found 4 books of graph paper that I'll donate to the Sally Ann or one of the schools.
Great looking extra payment!!!!
That's a bummer about school supplies!!! There really are some great deals around here for supplies when it gets a bit closer... what about buying off ebay? Could you do that? Someone may have a 'package' of what you need in the price range that you prefer & then you can get it all shipped & everything???
I am SO envious of your weather, it's not funny. I am MELTING here. We have 33C but with humidity, it's like 43C. ;___;
$400 in snowflakes? That's awesome!
Post a Comment