I have to admit it. I peeked. I mean it was right there in front of me, on top of three others. I really try not to peek but when people leave them right where I am, it's hard to resist the urge.
Ohhhh don't worry, I was very subtle about it. I didn't touch it. I tried not to gawk.............but it was right there.............so................big. In comparison, really, because above all things, size...is....relative.
I really don't get why people leave their ATM withdrawl receipts right there at the vestible. I mean you have choices...you can NOT take a receipt and just look at your balance online. You can take a receipt and then tuck it in your pocket/purse to take home and file or toss. You can even toss it in the waste slot of the vestible where it is not littering AND it is out of sight.
Maybe that's just a local thing but there are receipts in there anytime I go. When I 'happen to notice them' most are a sad tale of financial woe. Money in overdraft, ones that say insufficient funds, ones that have buta few dollars to them.
While there are a mess of xxxxxxx's across the account info, can someone really hack your account based on the info they find on your receipt? Am curious (and perhaps naive, I guess).
I use my online banking to reconcile so most of the time I don't take a receipt. I do if I deposit something though, until it clears through and I know all is well. Otherwise I just don't bother.
The receipt I was gawking at..................had a balance............. of $22 000. I laughed and thought hmmmmm I wonder whose this could be????
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
7 comments:
I am sorry, but I spit my coffee out with that one! LMAO!
WOW! That goal seems like a long way away right now. $22,000...in one liquid account...
Probably from http://www.customreceipts.com
:)
I've been to a seminar about identity theft. People can't hack your account based on your receipt but NOW if a hacker does want to hack, they'll know who to look for... The guy who has $22K in ONE account and not the girl who has $100.
(For the person with $22K, I sincerely hope that's a high-yield savings account of some type and not a chequeing account. What an awful waste.)
Hahaha love this! Good job to the person whose receipt it is. They probably MEANT to leave it behind so people would look in shock.
that is super funny --- i think i would look too!
I came across your sight and it's really pink and pretty.
I've always wondered the same whether or not hackers can steal your account information and do harm with it.
But many people do leave their receipt and balance behind. To my surprise, people usually don't have more than a few thousands in their balance. I wonder if this is really how much they have in networth or they just don't put that much laying around in their savings/checking.
Very good post. http://moneyhoneysf.blogspot.com/
I always look. :)
Post a Comment