Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Insurance Update

Well the envelope finally came in the mail, after three long weeks, but it was not the contents I was hoping for. Instead of a cheque there was a notice saying 'your company does not have vision care through our company'. oh goodie. lovely. given that husband's company GAVE him the insurance form and policy numbers, that seems a bit odd.

So I called the insurance company prepared for a fight because a) I am not the policiy holder (but he's not allowed to make calls during work and his work time = insurer's business hours) and b) just because there is often that cranky, hard to understand person on the other end of the line (in my past experiences).

I was pleasantly surprised with the service I got, though it did not resolve anything. I began with giving the policy number and member ID followed by "and yes it is my husband's policy and I know you probably can't tell me anything but I'm going to tell you my sad story anyways". She laughed.

They have him in the system...they have a claim he made before XMAS for workman's comp when he injured his back at work. Neither of the policy numbers match though and eerily, there is not a policy number on the one claim they have. Aside from his phone number on there and address, there is no listing of me or the boys, which there should be.

Hubby's company has been taken over and absorbed multiple times and each time their policies have changed so I honestly suspect the error is on the work end of the deal.

So now he has to go to his HR officer at work, explain our sad sad story, get them to check what policies the company has, what the ID numbers are and then have the HR person contact Their contact for insurance and do whatever red tape they have to update the policy and get the info correct. Then when I have THOSE documents, I have to refile again with their insurer to get that percentage, wait and then send that form in with mine.

good lord!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it never ends does it? ;) Hope everything gets resolved for you!

Jessie said...

that sounds really complicated...hope it gets worked out soon