Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Well good news.

My husband took the van in this afternoon. He drove it and heard the sound and was thinking 'ohhhh no that's a bad sound'. The service guys took it and started their drive test and said 'ohhh that's not a good sound', and then, the sound stopped. They drove more. No sound. They took it back and hoisted it up and found nothing!!

I'm excited as that could have been a serious bill. Instead I just have an oil change and a 'peek' fee and I'm done in under $50. wheeeeeeeee

Thanks so much to everyone for their good wishes and cyber hugs. They were greatly appreciated.

I couldn't help but wander around the lot though and saw some of the vehicles that I 'might' get. I will be looking for something a year or two old, perhaps a buy back. I told the sales guy, whom I've known for yearsss, that I will start looking in July so to keep an eye out for me then. I will have to work to save up some down payment and work to pay down the personal loan.

If I get something this summer, I will have to consolidate that loan with the one I have. Not fun, but realistically, I'm going to need a new vehicle within the calendar year. May have to be a bullet I have to bite.

3 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Maybe your car realized it was better off being well behaved than a brat :)

Must be the fab mother in you.

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

The Asian Pear said...

Your van at least behaves better than my family van!

Jolie said...

LOL Threatening the van may well have indeed helped :P