It's so exciting to see those cheques and so kind of the gov't to return to me, money I originally earned LOL
It came to just over $3000 and I went to the bank with both cheques this morning and put it all straight down as a lump sum off the mortgage. Interestingly enough, some of that got lost for 'interest'. I will have to investigate that as I thought Lump sum was just that. x$ in = x$ off mortgage. It works that way on my personal loan.
It's nice to see the mortgage go down as it goes down sooooo slowly.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
6 comments:
great job on putting all of your refund towards your mortgage. great indeed.
Nicely played!!!
Congratulations!
Awww thanks everyone. Your comments mean a lot. If only we got cheques like that a few times a year. Oh what fun it would be LOL
The sum went towards some interest that has been calculated and compounded daily (?) as per the last time you paid.
It worked that way on my OSAP student loans. I was charged a daily interest rate of $2.44, and each time I lumped a payment in between actual withdrawals from OSAP, I'd pay for the cumulative $2.44 x however many days I last paid.
Congrats!
I was wondering that FB. Thanks. I am woefully unedcuated re: financing and interest and such but learning.
Post a Comment