Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Weekends

DS phoned close to midnight. They had safely crossed the border. There was actually minimal fuss there with border patrol just handing them pamphlets about Covid and saying they should be doing a 14 day self isolation.

At this point they were exhausted. They wanted to push on. "It's only 7 more hours to home".

I told him to stop. Get a hotel room in the city just across the border. Eat. Shower. Rest.

The boys were complaining about the snow and temps. Poor little beach bums had forgotten what Sask weather in like.  They agreed to stop for the night.

The old house is ready to go. Everything's clean for him and I have stocked it with things he might like. I hope he gets how serious the 14 day self isolation is. And the law. but he's a social butterfly and hasn't seen his gf since early December.

No comments: