I feel like my change jar didn't get a lot of love this year. There were a lot of months where I had nothing to roll (or not enough for a full roll). But in a year with so many pieces missing, the months that I DID roll gave me a sense of comfortable nostalgia.
I used the change jar to fund my back to school money and some of my TFSA. It was a wonderfully passive way to repurpose money that may not be seen as significant.
Here are my past years' contributions:
2012 -$549.50
2013 - $980
2014 - $512
2015 - $642
2016 - $825
2017 - $970
So for this tumultuous year..
January - $100
February - $90
March - $0
April - $0
May - $100
June - $100
July - $50
August - $100
September - $100
October - $100
November - $100
December - $0
For a 2018 total of $840.
Not my highest, but definitely impactful.
3 comments:
Over $800 in money that might have just been lost or frittered away in vending machines is more than a little significant, and something to celebrate. I love that you have plans for it. We carry so little money which means we rarely have change, but even in my cannister was over $25, and enough to cover some little treat.
I track money that it's planned (anything not from our jobs) & use it for the boys college savings. It feels really good to make sure it goes something planned & intentional. Love your plan of using for back to school & TFSA!
What's that old saying, 'every little bit helps'? It really does and it's an exceptional 'little bit' considering how 2018 unfolded for you. Wishing you a less difficult 2019. NLA xx
Post a Comment