Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

September Goals

It's a gorgeous September long weekend here and I am savouring every minute of it. DS2 headed off to go whitewater canoeing on the Churchill River. He's been going every year since he was 14...first with adults to teach and guide, and now he and his buddies go on their own. I love that this time with nature is such an important part of his life.

I had an amazing 3.5K walk this morning. Between the amped up colitis meds and a wee bit of other treatment, I felt safe...ish. Loved the birds and the fresh air and the smells of different breakfasts as you go by.

The dollar is up so I am headed to the bank with the college portion of my August paycheque to convert those to US dollars. Every little bit counts. I hadn't realized that if I converted and kept it in the US dollar account I got a better rate than if I went in and got the US money in cash.

I am not quite ready in my classroom so I am off to the school as well to put in about 3 hours just to finish putting things away and get the papers ready for the first week of school. Being preplanned and preorganized is critical to first week survival.

I was hoping for a nice little fire in my back yard last night but most of the province is under a fireban due to the incredibly dry conditions. Totally understandable.

My goals for September are fairly basic, as heading back to work is a big change.

  • continue with Weight Watchers and my new little blog documenting the journey. Sticking with the program, theoretically I could lose 4 lbs in the month ( 1 per week) so that would be nice to achieve
  • pack lunches for school. Means preplanning but it will ensure I stick with WW. It also will keep me from venturing to the school cafeteria and eating more than I need to. Great food there. 
  • Squeeze in at least 5 walks a week. Harder to do in the morning when I am at work before 7:30 and sunlight is getting less and less. Hard to do in the evening when I come home bagged from work. They make me feel so good so I had better find a way
  • Plan suppers. DS2 is home for some and with friends for others. I have asked him to give me a general idea so that I can plan for the bigger meals when he is here. We eat lighter when he is not.
  • Read 1 book. Have to find my bliss
  • Try to use my evening time for more than collapse in bed early, exhausted and fall asleep watching Netlfix.
  • Appreciate the outside time while it is nice enough to enjoy

Have  a great day everyone!


1 comment:

~Carla~ said...

Great goals, Jolie!! :) Good luck with them!