I am always taken aback at how intense the school year is. Already feel so far behind.
Here is a review of my September goals:
- continue with Weight Watchers and my new little blog documenting the journey. Sticking with the program, theoretically I could lose 4 lbs in the month ( 1 per week) so that would be nice to achieve (Super successful. I lost 8 lbs this month. I owe it to WW, walking, a lot of NOs and the wonderfully supportive folk who are following my weight loss blog and keep me going)
pack lunches for school. Means preplanning but it will ensure I stick with WW. It also will keep me from venturing to the school cafeteria and eating more than I need to. Great food there. (super successful. packed a lunch every day)
- Squeeze in at least 5 walks a week. Harder to do in the morning when I am at work before 7:30 and sunlight is getting less and less. Hard to do in the evening when I come home bagged from work. They make me feel so good so I had better find a way (success. miss my morning walks. soon it will be dark when I get home by 6. and cold. and snow. need a plan b)
Plan suppers. DS2 is home for some and with friends for others. I have asked him to give me a general idea so that I can plan for the bigger meals when he is here. We eat lighter when he is not. (success. having a plan makes me panic less when I get home and helps keep me from shoveling in food)
Read 1 book. Have to find my bliss (totally did not happen)
Try to use my evening time for more than collapse in bed early, exhausted and fall asleep watching Netlfix. (Success. losing weight and moving more has shockingly given me more energy. I know.....voodoo.
Appreciate the outside time while it is nice enough to enjoy (I have appreciated every moment of this fall weather knowing what is coming)
8 comments:
Walking is a very good exercise. I enjoy long walks too.
Can you please send me the link to your weight loss blog? Really want to see what you've been doing and see if I can add some to my life
It's so therapeutic Pellrider.
Rose - done. and thank you. you should have received an email from me
This weather has been fantastic ! We've been doing our best to enjoy it as well - because, like you said, we know what is coming :( lol
Just got done with 5.4 mile walk. Love to walk but don't have a lot of time. Also get a fitbit they are great and have really helped me with my weight. Well worth the money.
SS - it sure changed today. brrrrrr
OMW - I have one. They definitely motivate me to keep moving. I agree. Well worth the $85 I spent on my flex 2. What a great walk! good for you.
Congratulations, Jolie! Are you going to take to the treadmill once it gets too dark and chilly to walk outside? I have to spend some time around my new village (no streetlights!) finding an evening route that I can do in about a half an hour or so after work/dinner. It's on my agenda this week. Best of luck for October! xx
Congrats on the 8lb. weight loss and glad to hear that already you feel more energetic! Do you have a treadmill at home? If not, is there a gym on your way home? When I can no longer cycle due to winter weather I have a stationary bike I use instead. You have had a very successful September!
Post a Comment