Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Really underselling it

for those scant few who may care, I have started a permission only blog in the vain hope that perhaps blogging about my umpteenth attempt at weight loss and healthy living.

It's dull. It's dry. There will be no pictures :-) There will be no starting weight numbers.

It may even disappear if I fail yet again.

I am just hoping. so hoping.


If you happen to be a long time follower/lurker and you're interested, pls email me at new (underscore) joliereves (at) yahoo (dot) com.

I will see if I can figure out how to add folks. never done that before.

This blog entry will disappear as I am nervous about opening up the other one and being........transparent.

I have deleted this entry four times already as I waffle about what to do LOL

EDIT - the main "Money Tree" blog is staying put. This new one is just for the weight loss part.

EDIT 2  - ok for people who have done an invite only blog....I went to settings and to 'add reader' and put in the emails of those who requested. I am assuming they would receive an email with a link to log in as their own usual self and read.

am I wrong?

thanks

EDIT 3 - I found this online. Is this telling me that only people with google accounts can read?

Private – Only these readers

  • The Private-Only these readers option allows only a set of readers to use your blog. You have to send invitations through email for a set of readers that you choose.
  • Click on “+Add Readers” to add readers to your private blog. You can add up to 100 readers for a private blog. The readers should be login to their Google account to use your blog.





7 comments:

Jennifer said...

The email kicked it back to me! I don't want to lose you!

Jolie said...

This main blog is staying put Jennifer :-) The new one is just for a weight loss journey.

~Carla~ said...

Try not to lose courage... I did the same thing years ago, numbers and all. The encouragement is amazing and the sheer fact that you're putting yourself out there is brave in itself!! You can do it!!! :)

Hawaii Planner said...

I'd love to join! If you can add me directly, great. If not, I'll email you. In a similar spot myself. Good luck!

joliereves said...

Ok folks I got it to work for one person. My goodness not as easy as I thought. It would seem you need a google account to log in. If you still are interested, email me and I will put you on the list. If not that's fine too.

Super hassle if only ppl with google accounts can log in. sorry

joliereves said...

HP I will need you to email me at the new_joliereves email if you are still interested. if not that's ok too.

gaelen said...

I have had sustained success using a website - www.dietdoctor.com

Successful weight loss is to do with lowering your prevailing insulin levels. This allows the body to set a new weight to maintain. It does this because the lower insulin levels lead to reduced appetite. There are three main ways to lower insulin levels and ideally you should do all three:

1) exercise
2) low carb diet - cut out all sugars and starches
3) meal timings - eat for 8 hours a day and have 16 without. I don't eat after 8pm and I skip breakfast and have lunch at 12. It is not as hard as you think it will be.