Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

A day in the life

Typical Sunday? Not sure but it certainly had a lot of flavor.

I started the morning off fairly early and curled up with my computer, my remote and my mug of Timmy's, which was a gift from a student three years ago. It was nice to have time to curl up and sip and read blogs and teach. You will note from the mug I am a messy drinker.

 
 
I spent a good part of the morning trying to be calming and encouraging to the cat, who has some sore of crystals in his bladder. It means he is going everywhere but in his litter box and this is not fun. Love him dearly but he has to get better.

If you are not a cat lover, you won't understand :-)

Then I watched a bit of Sask curling at the Briar. We did not win this game.

 
 
This afternoon I was asked to judge our local 4H oratory competition. I was there with 3 other judges and heard 16 speakers from 6 to 15.  I have organized oratory competitions and school a lot but haven't actually judged for years. It was a lot of pressure. They all did great.  The top winner from each age category goes on to regionals. I was surprised with a $25 gift card and a Timmy's mug as a thank you.





I came home to find out that my suspicions from the morning were correct. Our water heater is broke. My shower was iffy this morning. I thought the relay switch just needed to be flipped  but such is not the case. DH and my dad worked on it for an hour and no dice. Phone call will need to be made in the morning. I believe it's still under warrantee.

Tonight is a quiet supper; roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some more curling. And missing my boys.

The weekend went far too fast.

4 comments:

B-Kat said...

Our hot water heater quit 3 weeks ago! Thankfully didn't need replacing as it is 5 years old, but did need a $70 part and take 2 weeks. It was old farm baths too many times! My youngest doesn't like to shower at the hockey rink yet (they are gross) so I boiled a lot of pots of water!
I hope kitty starts to feel better soon!

SAM said...

Don't they though? Yesterday was a lazy day here as well but felt I needed the recharge.

Jane said...

Did you get any medication for your cat? One of mine had that same problem and I had to force a pill into her every day for a couple weeks - that was fun - NOT!! But she did get better thankfully. Some quiet time is enjoyable, too much is harder. Hope you see your boys soon!

Jolie said...

The water heater was a plugged vent. I only had to boil water for one day so that isn't too bad.

Re: kitty. He is gone. We took him to the dr this morning for more tests and they found he had MIP virus. There was nothing they could do. He was very sick.