Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

RRSP Update

OUCH

We took a hit.

When last we spoke, my RRSP was sitting at $10 196. I was excited to have finally gotten my RRSP over that magical hump of ten grand.

Imagine my disappointment when I opened my July statement and found this balance: $9 847.

Ouch.

That's a pretty big hit. A $ 349 hit

I am attributing it to the dollar drop but would welcome other thoughts on why? I am going to ask when I go put in my next $1500 for 2015.

3 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Well, it depends what investment vehicle is your RRSPs in? I'm assuming mutual funds and what funds are they? Gas/Oil is low right now so that might have hurt you a bit if you are invested in that. I know I have Energy Funds that have been taking a beating for the last 4 months. I'm already down $2,000. Sigh.

Jane said...

What she said :) If your investment is based on the stock market then your balance will go up and down.

Jolie said...

She said it is definitely the market. $2000 a bit loss pear, ouch!!