Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Quandry

Certainty: the dollar is going to keep dropping for several months

Certainty: we need US$ for another year of DS in college in the US

Do I ....
a) Max out my LOC to it's ceiling of $15 000 (another $8000) and then convert it to US dollars. Then pay the interest each month.
b) Ask for an increase in my ceiling of my LOC  and do a)
c) Convert the $3000 Canadian I have saved now and cross my fingers and hope.

Not going to college this year is not an option. The  partial scholarship won't hold.

Tuition, books etc total for Semester 1 is unsure right now. Since sophomores are living offcampus, DS tells me they just up the coverage of the tuition etc under the scholarship to balance out what they would have paid last year with him on campus. I won't know what that number is until mid Sept.  Housing then would be our cost.

If I took a or b, I would halt the 'saving' for college and put that money each month towards paying off the LOC.

1 comment:

Nd.chic said...

I would go for b. It looks like it will continue to drop.