Here goes:
- 25 large garbage bags of stuff out of my house ( trash, recycle, donate)
- 46.5 KM walked or an ave of 1.5 km a day. I am still weak physically and need to get my energy levels up
- 25 books donated to our library
- 2 books read for school
- 7 pounds lost
- use my jars for my variable expenses
- my new room unpacked and organized
- find DS2 a place to live in college town
- snowflake $490 to meet mini goal
Canada Day was a good start. DS2 left for his camp (sad mom). DS1 was off work and his girlfriend came in by noon to spend the day and night. They went for lunch together.
DH and I started on the garage. It always becomes a dumping ground for everything. DS2's camp stuff. DS1's hockey stuff. All my stuff that was not going to my new room, or the materials I wanted to be able to look at, at home. Just a big mess.
We got the remainder of the bottles sorted and put in my car to take into the recycle depot today. All the newspapers and empty boxes were taken to the paper recycle bin. We went through the shoe shelves, which had really spread all over the floors below them and purged. DH is incredibly unwilling to get rid of things even if he doesn't use them. Ex - ugly, orange sneakers he bought when we went to Europe in 2006, that he has never worn. Won't let them go. Five pairs of summer sandals that I have never seen him wear, but they all have to stay. My stuff.....he was ready to toss left and right.
When we were done we had floor space in the one car garage (that won't fit my vehicle). It was very exciting. Our garbage was full of things that couldn't be recycled or donated. I borrowed space in my parents' bin as well, since they never fill theirs up.
We just have too much stuff!
I also let go of my collection of FRIENDS series. all 10. It was very important to me at one point that I have them all and I paid far too much for them. I really had no desire to put them on a buy and sell site, though I could have gotten $ for them. I tried a couple people to see if they would give them a home, but they had them. I remembered that DS's girlfriend's sister (convoluted chain here lol) enjoyed the show so we texted her and she was excited to have them. Score! Off to the car they went to get them immediately out of my house.
We had a nice BBQ last night of souvlaki kebobs, roasted potatoes and asparagus. The daughter likes them and wanted to try bbq'ing them.
The evening ended with Canada Day fireworks.
Total garbage bags (or their equivalent) removed from my house...7. Ahhhh that feels good.
4 comments:
Great goals! Actually, I like the idea of accumulated walking distance. I think I'll do the same thing to keep myself accountable. Thanks for the idea and good luck!
Even though I am taking a break from posting for a while, I need to set some goals as well. My sewing work is very busy, so I am putting myself toward the back of the line and that is never a good thing. Plus, the 95 degree days are not helping either.
I hope you get some energy back! I hate that tired feeling as well.
UPDATE: the bottles I took in came to $21.10. The twenty goes towards my mini goal and the change goes in the jar.
July snowflakes thus far: $20
Minigoal $ : $105/490
You're doing awesome and you're only 2 days in!
Post a Comment