I am really appreciating the weather and Fridays. Yesterday was very dark and gloomy but today was amazing. It's like I don't want to come inside because I know this weather and sunshine is limited. Maybe last year's winter that went from Oct 15 to May 2 and felt like forever.
After work I jetted home to change and grab my runners then went over to my parent's place. Mom was nice enough to feed DS1 before his game as he needs to eat by 4 then get himself gone. In return I took her mutt and we went for a great long walk (4.5 KM) down on the trails by the river. It's just so pretty down there now that almost all of the mosquitos are gone. I love love love the changing and falling leaves. It's such a beautiful place to go walk. The mutt's never been down there before so I have taken him there a few times over the past 2 weeks. So many new places to sniff. Last night we tried the far loop which I haven't been on in years. Apparently no one else has either as it is overgrown. I liked that path. Hopefully it will get regroomed for next year.
After supper, I took my parents to the hockey game. Mom doesn't come to many games (crowd issues) so this was a treat. It is still a bit odd to see kids running around with jerseys with DS's name and number on it.
I hope I can get back to the trails this weekend and take advantage of the sunshine. It's free, it's good exercise for my hiney and the benefits are endless!
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
4 comments:
I love it when the leaves start to change color. Its been really nice here lately.
Jolie, my Friday trek included a walk by the river, where the dog is allowed off leash... He decided that he needed to run... about a kilometer down the beach..., which meant an extra 2 km's to the walk... but it was warm and sunny... took an extra half hour or so... So worth it...
I love it too Chic. I just hope the leaves don't all fall off the trees too fast.
Sam that sounds wonderful. My mom's dog is not that great around other dogs so I can't off leash him. So glad you got to enjoy that beautiful sunny day.
Post a Comment