I have to say I truly enjoyed my Saturday, and appreciated all the moments and experiences.
DS2 and his father were up at their camp for one last fall camp before they take down their surveyor tents for the winter. They left Friday at noon. I got a text to say that DH's tent was quite thoroughly mauled by a bear sometime between last visit and now. They always leave these structures up. At least it happened when no one was at camp. But when one is in bear country, stuff happens. We will have to buy a new one for spring. This one was almost 18 years old so it certainly had a good long life full of camping adventures.
I started off the day early. DS1 had to be up to meet his team by 5:30 for a run. I got up with him and enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee waiting for the sun to fully rise. When he came back he brought a couple of boys with him and I fed them pancakes and bacon before they all left to crash for a few hours. They had to meet again for another run after lunch.
I went and picked up mom's dog and off we went for another walk. I explored a different set of trails and was dismayed to find that erosion had taken away one of my favourites from the past. I guess that is nature's way of saying she is alive and kicking. We had a great 4 K walk and I took him home.
I had lunch out on my little patio and enjoyed the leaves (both falling and fallen) and spent some time with a book, just appreciating the sunshine. I went again for another walk around 4. No mutt this time as he was out for a drive in the country to look at the various stages of harvest progress. When I was done that trail I ended up back in the main area where there are picnic tables and fire pits. I was very pleased to see a birthday party going on. Campfire and picnic baskets and family and friends all enjoying the day outside playing and visiting. Such a better choice financially than going to a restaurant, or one of those token game places where costs add up like wildfire.
It was just me for supper as well. I must say I am doing better adjusting to 'single' life without the kids around. Or at least I was until I started raking leaves. I had a big lovely pile there and recalled wistfully the days we would rake and then the boys would bury each other in the piles and have leaf fights. Timing couldn't have been more perfect. DS1 showed up with 2 of his teammates and without even saying a word they proceeded to play in the leaves and bury the rookie. It was great to watch these 18/19 year old 'men' have such fun. When they were done they loaded those leaves into the compost bin.
I ended my evening with a glass of wine as I watched the end of the football game.
No costs today but a priceless day nevertheless.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
1 comment:
Sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment