Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Murphy Update

Thanks everyone for your comments and support as  things got so whirly during Murphy's visit. I am hoping he has moved on, but there are signs he has not. Here's the lowdown on how things have progressed.

The Basement - Well we changed up the downspouts outside which were frozen and squished. The one was stomped on by the deer roaming about in the backyard. Cost to change downspouts - about $40. I am hoping we dried everything thoroughly and there is no mold. One of the basemboards in the computer room is warped and will need to be replaced. It is behind a desk so not visible.

The Tooth - The cost to repair this temporarily again was $262. Between the 2 insurance plans, $189 was covered. The 'white filling' they use to bond it, is not covered, my statement says. We now need to submit the paperwork for preapproval for a new tooth.

The Microwave - It was a melted wire. It cost $69 to repair, including labour. While I don't 'cook' in  my microwave, we do reheat a lot. It was missed

The washer - it was a spring. A new one was $40 and would have to be ordered in. DH asked them to route about in the used box to see if there might possibly be one there. Success! Cost - $4

The truck - DH decided to trade his in and get a new truck. I shudder at the payments. I will not include this on my list of debts as this baby is exclusively his, as mine was...mine

The car - is finally inspection approved and back on the road. oh boy!

Signs murphy has not gone - I was on my way to the city for a conference this week and had a tire pressure alert. I stopped at a small town to fill it up but things were still wonky. Got home and it turns out the two air valve caps on the passenger side have been stolen. I am sure that is affecting the reading.  ( and in retrospect - no there wasn't a cap to remove when I was filling up. I must have been having a brain fart moment)

DS2 did not pass his driver's test.  The lady was beyond cranky even before we started. Very poor social skills. I understand she has tested a lot of folks and knows when  a parallel park isn't going to work, but shouting BOOM!! as he is doing it - beyond unprofessional. Hands are relatively tied. Small town. 2 testers. 50/50 chance you're going to get the cranky one.  However once he does get it, I will put in a complaint about how she speaks.

3 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Geez... that's a lot of Murphy! He's sure made himself comfortable at your place... Hope he leaves soon! As for the microwave, we don't cook in ours either, but use it for reheating leftovers daily, that would have been on the top of my list. lol!

Too bad about your sons driving list.. she sounds "lovely". ;)

Out My window said...

Wow honey that is quite a list. Have you taken a page out of my book. Good luck, may Murphy move to a new location far from you and me. :)

Nd.chic said...

Shouting "Boom!" during a driving test is very unprofessional. I would definitely make a complaint after he passes. Sorry to hear about your string of Murphies.