Well winter finally made it here. We went from bare and 0C to heading below -20C with wicked winds and a big snow dump last night. As much as we want to, I guess we can't really complain since it's been such an abnormally mild winter.
My condition isn't better yet so I am on new meds. I am taking a few sick days to stay close to the bathroom and hoping things start to improve toute suite. I am being referred to a specialist.
Since DH left his previous job for a new one, he is currently without medical insurance. We are working with just mine. After 90 days DH will be done his probation period and will have coverage again. Went to get my new prescription and it cost $7 instead of $0 and DS2's cost $14 (with just my insurance) instead of $0 with both. So that was $21 in unplanned, but necessary expenses.
I spent 5 hours yest and about 3 hours today tidying up my class and getting everything ready for the sub. So much of what I do, I just do and writing it all out to 'explain it' takes forEVER. I am glad I have sick days so I can take this time and not lose pay.
DS2 and I are working on his Science presentation. It's on the Space Race and one of my favourite topics. He's doing very well on his own and I am working hard to refrain from 'helping' too much LOL. It's hard to keep that line between a mother overseeing her son's homework and a teacher wanting to help. It helps that he has to do it all in French and he is much more fluent than I am :-)
I am happily (yes really!) catching up on laundry now that I have my dryer back. I still hang most of the shirts since they are cotton but towels go crunchy when they don't go in the dryer LOL
I hope to do some baking tonight so we have some things for lunches for the upcoming week. I am making some to do lists of things to try to accomplish while I am at home instead of just lying on the couch watching abnormal amounts of HGTV
Have a great day.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
7 comments:
Is there an abnormal amount of HGTV? I didn't realize... ;) Sure hope you're feeling better soon. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to take care of yourself, so hope you see some improvement soon. Take care!
Hope you feel better soon! Health insurance is one of my pet peeves...my partner and I are both teachers, so we are not allowed to double dip. Frustrating, since we both pay for the benefits. Oh well!
Hoping that you feel better soon. Love HGTV!I'm glad that you have health insurance, there are many that don't. I can't imagine having to pay 100% for prescriptions out of pocket, I'm not sure how those do that. Blessings-Be well.
Tammy
http://www.abundancefrugal.com/
Sick time is a blessing, but I agree, writing sub plans is a HUGE pain. I hope you feel better and that all your insurance stuff gets worked out...I thought you guys had government health care up there?
My favorite channel lol! You have been unwell too long, I really hope with the help of a specialist you can get to the bottom of this illness! And I so relate about how long it takes to write out instructions for a sub teacher, that's why I've only missed one day since sept!
NLA - LOL my kids sure think there is an abnormal amount.
Rose - That is odd that you can't claim under both. If your plan covered only 50% of your meds then the rest should be coverered under spousal on your husbands.
Tammy - I can't imagine either. I don't know how they do it.
LBC - we do, but not all meds are covered or fully covered so that is when group insurance kicks in (some) for those who have it.
Jane - thanks. You're right. being sick is no fun at all. *fingers crossed*
I also hope that you will feel better soon. I'm glad to hear that your husband's insurance will be covered soon. I'm doing laundry right now. Your issue with your dryer reminded me to be grateful for mine. We have an apartment so we rent a washer and dryer...and it is worth every penny. I need to remind myself to stop taking things like that for granted. Otherwise I'd be hauling my laundry to the apartment club house every week and if I needed something cleaned the night before work I'd probably just be SOL. Thanks for posting about the everyday things that remind us to be grateful. Feel better soon! :)
Post a Comment