Something good comes from being sick during the whole Christmas break - I had a whole week of No Spend. Never happened before and undoubtedly will never happen again.
My tank was full and I drove nowhere, so full it stayed. We ate several times at mom and dad's and ate out of the freezer and pantry. No money spent for food. Jars just sat there, untouched. I went yesterday and took out week 2's money and debated.....and debated....and slept on it, and debated again.
I decided to take some out of the jars to create snowflakes. Week 2's money was not touched and went straight into their jars.
I did not spend my $20 allowance (didn't go anywhere - didn't need any make up or girlie stuff) so I took that $20.
I had $50 in my gas jar so I left $30 in there and took $20 of that. Longer drives will come up and that gives me a bit of spare money.
I had $40 in my entertainment jar, but did not touch any of it. Entertainments don't happen often and I'd like it to build.
I had $170 in my grocery jar. I left $70 in there so I can have a bit extra to stock up for back to school and lunches, and took $100 of it.
That gives me $140 of repurposed (found) money. I took it to the bank and put it in my High Savings account to put towards one of my Savings goals.
I know a week like this probably won't come around again so I will celebrate it and hope it inspires me to wiser spending and savings for 2012.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
9 comments:
Good job!! :) glad you're feeling better now!
Whoo-hoo! Starting the year off with snowflakes is definitely a silver lining to not being able to do much while sick. Hopefully you keep feeling better though, not worth it all the time!
That is so awesome, Jolie. (Not the being sick part, but the saving part!) Hope you are feeling MUCH better.
I hope to have a few *snowflakes* at the end of this month too! :)!
That's fantastic! It's no fun being sick, but at least something good came out of it.
That's absolutely great! Not that you were feeling ill, but the unexpected savings. Hope that makes it a bit better.
What a great way to start out the New Year by adding to savings!
awesome! so glad you are feeling better - but you are right, that is the silver lining!!!
Well I'm glad there was a positive side to being sick during your Christmas break! Me - well we had a flood from a broken hot water tank! Not much positive there I'm afraid!
Sorry to hear you were sick but that's an awesome week you had (financially speaking).
Post a Comment