I am really apprecating the simple things today. My first day back was good. The kids seemed happy to see me. One of them said "we missed you!!! and we really mean it this time". I laughed so hard. I missed them.
After school I stopped to visit mom and dad and play with their puppy. We need some warm weather so he can go out and run run run.
Week three gave me $40 left in the jars so I ran that to the bank and put it in my savings account, bringing me up to $900 for the needed $1000 for summer 2012.
My house is clean thanks to the time I was home this week. Laundry is mostly caught up.
I came home to change into something more comfortable (not THAT kind of more comfortable :-) I sliced up some chicken breasts and have them simmering to make quesidillas for supper. I lit a candle. There is just something so luxurious for me about a lit candle. I fired up the Keurig and made a cup of coffee and I am really just at peace today and feeling good. A little tired, but good.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
10 comments:
What a lovely post! I'm relaxed just reading it...glad to hear the kids are happy to have you back!
It really is those kinds of simple peaceful moments that make life worth living. Forget the gadgets, fancy clothes and latest model cars - give me a good book and a hot cuppa tea, some peace and quiet and I'm in heaven. (Sounds like you're feeling better too!)
Your day sounds absolutely wonderful :) With all of the money stress most of us have, it's so nice hearing about people's good days. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Sometimes its the small things. I am glad you had a good day :)
It's all about those simple little things. They can definitely make your day into a great one!
Funny how you miss them and they really miss you also. I always think my students love it when I am gone but that is not so, sounds like a lovely day.
Sounds wonderful, those kind of days are always great.
I am feeling better though I am paying a bit today. Perhaps the strawberry yogurt smoothie I made myself yest for snack at work. too much dairy or the strawberry seeds. sigh.
You are right. Simpler things can go by unnoticed, but when you account for them, they balance other bad/stressful things. I need to start doing that more often.
SO glad you're feeling better Jolie! Thanks for the reminder about candles - I have some lovely little lights that need to be used, and I find them quite relaxing too :)!
Post a Comment