It is rare indeed that I am at home and my boys are not. School is school so when they go, I go. When it is holidays, it is for all of us. There are rare days when I have meeting days set up by the Ministry of Ed when classes are closed so I go and they stay home.
I've been home a few times sick without them but those are rare flu days or the wonderful times I had pneumonia. I was far too sick to appreciate being here without them.
Thanks to everyone who has been sending me get better vibes. I have seen some good changes with the new meds though they interfere with my sleep at night. Insomnia is so much easier to take when I know I don't have to be 'on' all day at work. For a couple of days the meds made me so 'high' I was vibrating with energy I haven't seen in a very long time. I appreciated being no more than 15 steps from my bathroom as I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time in there....but oh.....BETWEEN those bathroom visits............I am getting things done. Laundry, tidying, organizing, cooking, baking. School work marking and prep. That part is heaven. There's no way I could teach running to my bathroom every 10 min. Thank you so much understanding administration and my banked sick days. I will go back to work Fri.
The plummeting frigid temps have such made me appreciate not having to be out and about driving. This morning the temps are low -30s and with the wind we're into the -50s. I felt sorry for my boys as they headed out this morning all bundled up.
Groceries have been cheap this week. There has been time for me to cook from the freezer. Home made beef barley soup Monday, stew yesterday. Tonight will be moose sausage and some pasta. The bread machine came out for the first time in a long time and made the house smell delicious when the boys came home. The borderline veggies got chopped up and used in the soup and stew. It's given me the ability to spend less on groceries and use my weekly jar money to stock up on the household things that were running low. Simple simple food but warm on these frigid days. (as I typed this my mom texted to say there are sweet and sour meatballs and fresh buns to pick up at her place for supper tonight so we will have the sausage tomorrow now. Wheeee one more night of 'free' food)
DS1 was a good boy last night and after hockey practice ran a couple errands for me. I sent him first to Canadian Tire. I had a $50 gift card so he picked up some cleaning supplies that were on sale and one of those big plastic wrap enviro refills that goes under the cupboards. I was close to being out. It was nice to have the card and save that money. He then hit Walmart as we were out of milk, rice and a few other things. He had a list and $40 and came in $6 under budget. I gave him that to put towards gas for his car as thanks for running.
Time to go shower and plot out my potential to do list for the day and see if I can get any of it done.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
7 comments:
I don't think I've ever had a day to myself... lol! I'm glad the meds seem to be kicking in! Good luck with your list & don't forget to rest too!!
-50?? Yikes! :( Glad to hear you're feeling better, but be sure you're ready to go back. Sometimes an extra day or two is just what you need. (Slightly warmer) vibes from the North! Take care and stay warm!
Thanks NLA :-)
Carla - Thanks. I slept most of yesterday morning and early afternoon. It was much needed and great
I had to look at that -50 degree temp a couple times to make sure I read it right! I can't even imagine weather that cold! Glad you are feeling better!
Hope you are feeling better soon Jolie! At least you have some time to catch up on all your fave PF blogs ;)!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love having the time to cook real meals and get rid of things building up from the freezer. Hope you are staying warm!!
I understand how you feel. I am home alone today and it's a nice treat except for the headache and achy body. Not sure why but hopefully it passes quickly. I don't know that I'll accomplish much but it's helpful to have a day with NO obligations and can give myself full permission to rest.
Have a great Jolie! Lucky you with a supper all ready to be picked up:)
Post a Comment