It was a quiet Christmas in jolieland. Those meds really knocked me for a loop and I have decided the trifecta of reg meds plus 2 temp meds did it to me. It was like I was on a 6 day drunk complete with permanent bedspins. I stopped taking the meds Christmas eve day at noon to give my body 24 hours to work them out and see if it was better. It was. I was still weak and tired and upright is a challenge but it was better. So the temp meds are out. I am taking smaller doses of the reg meds til I can talk to the dr. If this had been a work week I would have had to be off. I can barely function at home, let alone drive or be responsible for the education of kids.
Christmas eve we were to go to sister in laws. I couldn't move so off the family went without me. I missed out on family time and playing with new kitty time as well as food. It was a lonely christmas eve but it was more important my kids went, than to stay home and keep a woozy mother company.
Christmas day was quiet too. We opened stockings, with mother laying on the couch then went off to my mom's for breakfast and to open gifts there. She is cutting back. Finally. Too big a family. Smart woman :-)
We came home after breakfast. My mom is so good about me being unwell. She takes good care of me. We opened gifts here and the men tidied up while I napped. DH went ice fishing with some of his family and I spent the afternoon sleeping more while the boys went over to my mom and dad's to hang out with the family. This was an 'other family' Christmas so most of the grandkids with signfiicant others went to the other side for the day so there were only about 15 of us there. No babies. Only a few cousins.
We had a big family supper with mom's usual yummy food. My appetite has been nada for quite awhile so I only ate a little. The boys went to an outdoor rink with cousins to skate/play hockey and I came home to curl up.
I would give anything for energy and clear headedness. My house is a disaster and I grow weary of holding onto walls for balance when I walk.
Today the boys have been playing video games after sleeping in. Ahh the life of teens. DH is out fishing again and I have done teeny amounts of tidying sandwiched between long periods of resting with HGTV and Food network to keep me company. Santa brought me a Keurig so I have had my first cup of coffee in a long while.
It's a brown Christmas here. Near zero, hovering slightly above or just below. Very weird for here. Didn't 'feel' normal at all. I can't remember a Christmas like this ... ever.
What really came clear to me over this time is the simple gift that family is. The presents mean squat. The tree means squat. It's just family time of laughing and being with each other and sharing life that means more than anything.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
4 comments:
I'm so sorry you were sick! I'm hoping you are feeling much better now. And you are right. It's not about the gifts or the tree...it's about being together. :)!
glad you're feeling a bit better, I agree with you, being sick and having family around really does make you appreciate them
So sorry that you felt so ill Jolie....I hope you feel much, much better now.
Yes, it is definitely family that is the most important thing. With my mom being sick, I have a new appreciation for my family and their support this time of year.
Post a Comment