My goals for the coming year aren't all that different than my 2010 goals to be honest. For the most part, they were good, solid goals with an achievable end. Well at least my financial ones were.
Financial Goals
1) EF (TFSA) - $1000. I have $2000 in the account right now. Not a safety net by any means, but a start. Once I get my Vehicle Loan Paid off, I hope to be in a position to at least double the annual contribution.
2) RRSP - $1500. Again, small beans in the big picture, but a girl can only divide a mess of beans into so many piles.
3) Summer 2011 - $1000. Boy it sure was nice to have that money set aside for fun things that come up in the summer. Want to go golfing boys? ok. Want to go camping? You bet. I am already at $525 for this one so it will be done in no time.
4) Back to School - $1500. This one is new. Back to school kills. I have fees due as an educator and the social and coffee fund at work. The boys' school fees are about $125 each. They both need back to school supplies. DS2's band fees are $500. Not even going to start on DS1's hockey fees. *shudder*. This will ease things up considerably.
5) Xmas 2011 - $1400. I have upped the budget on this one. Would be nice to cut expenses and try I shall, but prices go up every year for things.
I have money I set aside each month for these items. I have decided to lump all that money together and whap it on one target at a time. When you divide it between 5 targets it feels like forever until one is filled. Breaking it apart this way keeps me more motivated, I believe. It's what I actually ended up doing most of the year last year and it worked quite fine.
My order of attack is:
a) Summer
b) Back to School
c) Xmas 2010
d) EF
e) RRSP
Personal Goals
1) Lose 20 lbs
2) Get to the gym or cancel the membership!!!
3) 10 new recipes
4) 25 new books
5) Move more (tied into #2)
6) Use my time more efficiently.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
7 comments:
Excellent goals! Back to school is a killer for us as well and it seems I could retire on the amount we spend just for that!
Your personal goals are very lofty and I, for one, am excited to hear about your journey with those!
How about that guy on TDDUP in the Mushroom Princess episode? WOW!
You have a fabulous list of goals! I love that you save up for 'summer fun'! That's a great idea!
I was just about to post about your great and achievable goals for 2011, when I caught sight of your snowflake jar, my goodness that is an awesome amount of money. Go 2011
Hi ya
I've just recently found your blog and am enjoying reading it.
I too think the Summer Fun $ goal is a great idea. Me thinks I will have to add that category to my budgeting :) Ours could get a little spendy cos I reckon it would be taken for many many scuba dive trips! :)
Here's to a great 2011 for you, I wish you great success in achieving your goals!
25 books? Wow, that's a big one! What's on your reading list for this year?
Good luck with your goals. I love how you plan for your Summer spending (not just Christmas like others normally do).
I also had to make a tough call at whether or not to get myself to the gym or to cancel. In the end, it wasn't for me. I hemmed & hawed over it for MONTHS (*ahem* 8 months to be precise) before I could decide though. Hope the process is speedier for you.
Thanks everyone for your comments. You help boost my motivation and dedication. You will all never know how much it means to me.
Heidi - thanks so much for stopping by the Money Tree. I'm so glad you're enjoying it.
Post a Comment