I did up a menu plan last week for the first time in a very long time and I have to say, it brought me much peace of mind and forced me to be very organized. Or perhaps the forced organization prompted the peace of mind?? lol
I have two awkward nights this week so I made sure to put meals that were quick and easy for us but gave DS1 the nutrition he needed before a big game.
I have a few things to pick up today with the balance of this week's jar $. New week starts as of tomorrow and I'll pick up the rest of what I need Tuesday so it's fresher.
Sunday - baked ham, scalloped potatoes
Monday - pork cutlets and pasta
Tuesday - chicken burgers and fries
Wednesday - Hamburger Soup (which I made over the break and froze)
Thursday - Lasagna and Caesar Salad
Friday - Chicken Stir Fry
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
9 comments:
I've tried to menu plan a couple of times, but I never get further then writing out the plan. We always wind up making something else
Sounds very good!
It must be nice having it all planned, since you are so busy!
I usually keep my menu plan in my head, maybe I should stick it to the fridge door, so everyone can share in the excitement LoL
lol Jessie. sounds like me. Now I either make them or don't. If I make them, I follow them, mostly.
CS - it absolutely helps
Maureen - DS2 enjoys seeing the menu on the side of the fridge. he is like me and likes to know what is happening beyond today.
out of curiousity... exactly what is hamburger soup? and how does it taste?
I love menu planning and made myself stick to it for most of last year...now it's a habit and saves me so much money.
I always put ours on the fridge and it makes them all happy to see what they're eating. It also stops them eating anything I have planned for another day!!
Good luck :)
I love my menu plan...it really helps me stick with our money goals.
Looks yummy...too many carbs for me (started weight watchers), but for growing boys who play sports, it's certainly nutritious (I remember the copious amounts of rice and pasta the football team ate when I worked in food service at my University).
Have a great week!
I so enjoy reading other peoples' menus! This week sounds delicious! I may have to copy a few of those ideas!
Having a plan always makes me feel better too!
Pear - it's just lean/extra lean ground beef cooked up. I put it into a homemade broth with beef stock, carrots, onions, a bit of garlic, celery. sometimes I add pearl barley if it's not quite thick enough. DS1 can't get enough of it.
Post a Comment