Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

confession

shhh . just between you and me k? lol

I really really hate writing things down for my weekly spending out of my jars.

I have my budget per week and my overall budget.

I have my categories: groceries, gas, spending, clothing and gifts, entertainment.

I never go over my weekly set amount.

But I really, really really hate writing down each expenditure...ex every grocery purchase.

I was really good at it when I first started the jars in 2008 but the novelty is long gone. I do try every now and again and it is a fantastic way of seeing where the money goes and how frequent you spend it.

for a girl who likes lists and notes and to do checklists, it surprises me

6 comments:

Jane said...

I still look forward to it - it feels so good to write things down sort of as proof I guess that I'm doing a good job. Perhaps for you it has become second nature - as you say you never go over budget so it has become a habit rather than a new practise. I can't wait until I am at that stage - and I WILL get there:)

Sharon said...

As long as you don't go over, who cares? You've probably been doing this so long, you buy the same things. Don't worry, your secret is safe with nme!:)!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Maybe it's the writing and adding that annoys you

It does to me. I'd rather just type it into a sheet and let it calculate it up for me. If I had to WRITE and ADD.. gah forget it.

Lisa said...

You have to do what makes you happy! If you have been keeping track since 2008, you have got it down to a science now!!

Maureen said...

I promise I wont breathe a word. Shhhhhhhh

jpkittie said...

I'm with Sharon - as long as you are using the cash in the jars, who cares how you use it... if you use grocery $ to go out to dinner & don't need to dip somewhere else to get your grocery $... its all good ;)