Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bad Blogger = This n That edition

I apologize. Things have been beyond busy and crazy and I just can't get into a routine that keeps my head above water.

School is insane. Our primary fundraiser is a magazine drive and I get  the happy job of tabulating sales online and handed in...how many of each kind of special magazine..the special prizes...the general prizes etc. Blarggghh. It's about 40 hours of work all together. *smiles sweetly and does her part* LOL

DS1 has been busy with hockey. He has practice after school each day. keeps us busy driving. If he gets his license in November that will help out a great deal. He is away ...wayyyy across the province playing hockey this weekend. In 12 years of hockey at about 50 games per year that brings us to 600 games..... his father and/or I have been there for all but 2 of them. Those games have taken us all across SK, across the western provinces and one trip to Europe. We let him just go with the team this weekend. Parents aren't needed for the trip and honestly you get to see your child rarely for it. We decided we would save $ by not going. It will also be good for him to have a bit of independence. Still, it's really hard not being there. Thank god the league has online stats being posted/updated about every 5 min during the game so we can see what all is happening. DS1 also started hunter's safety last week. 2 nights a week.

DS2 is adjusting to High School though I feel even more out of the loop on what is happening in his classes and homework. I guess deep down that is my problem not his. ahhh motherhood. He's busy with his Concert Band as well. 2 days a week at noon and one evening a week. Scouts takes up another night.

We had bad news with  my new great nephew. He got sick last week and my  niece ended up phoning the "new mom" hotline where no question is a stupid question. She described his symptoms and fever and they said to get him to the Children's Hospital in Calgary, near where she lives. He's been in Intensive Care since. While the fever has broken, the bad news came. He has ZERO white blood cells. nada. zip. The enzymes in his liver are completely off the chart. not good. They are doing a battery of tests, one of which is for a disease called  CMV which doesn't have a good prognosis for newborns.  We've been in touch from afar and my sister went down there to be with her.  My mom is so sad and it's hard for her to be hundreds of miles away and not able to help, even if she could help.

My good friend's father passed away. He took a tumble and suffered a blow to the head. My heart aches for her and her family. Her father and mine had a lot in common and yesterday when my dad was up on a ladder I wanted yell at him to get down!!

Mom and dad have been waiting for good weather as they were putting up siding on the house. My sister drops by yesterday to say 'hey did you know dad is trying to put up siding all by himself????" oh good lord. I call out to my husband and say "hey did YOU know dad is trying to put up siding by himself????" Nope. So off we went yesterday to help get the house wrapped and the edge/base pieces installed. The siding itself isn't too hard; it's just all the prework that is tedious and time consuming. We had supper at mom and dad's yesterday and that was probably a good distractor for them to not think about the baby.

DS2 and his father are back at it today and supper again at mom's. Cooking is her happy place so I"m not going to argue with her LOL DS1 is sad to miss out on family building time together. He loves it. That and the bbq ribs gram is making for supper :-)

ok back to work for me. Thanks for your patience.

4 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

You sure have a lot going on!! Hope the baby news is better, I can't imagine being so sick, so young. I bet your whole family is distraught about it :-( Sad too about your friend's dad :-(

Maureen said...

A lot of bad news for you all at once, no wonder you hav,nt time to blog. Hope the babies prognosis gets better.

Girl Makes Cents said...

Oh wow a lot going on. I hope everything works out. Hope baby starts getting those white blood cells up.

*hugs*

its me, sam said...

Jolie, I hope the baby gets well soon! Sometimes life piles on the stuff, and its hard to handle all at once.