My favourite organizational tools EVER is my Mom's Family Organizer. I stumbled across this about four years ago in Costco and just thought it was the best idea ever. Trying to keep track of appointments and events on a small calendar just wasn't working. There just wasn't enough space to write everything in and still have it legible.
I found this and peeked through the sample copy on display and couldnt' believe the space inside. It seemed perfect. Granted it takes probably 1/3 more space up on the wall where you hang it, but I had the room.
The first year or two, I had it all incredibly organized. Each person had their own colour, special events had THEIR own colour etc. I loved it.......until............other people started writing on it. Now it wasn't that their contributions were not welcome. It was that.......they refused to honour the colour system and everything was all wonky. For an anal retentive like me, it drove me NUTS. Not being anal, they were unwilling to compromise.
So I had to let go of the colours and just be glad I had a great space to write on. One of the best parts is............STICKERS!!! For anyone who has been reading awhile, they know of my passion for stickers LOL. All kinds of stickers. for bday, sports events, special days, doctor appointments, library visits, mechanic trips etc.
When I did a very expensive costco restocking trip last night, I got my new one for the next school year. It was $9.99 Canadian, I believe. I curled up this morning minus my coffee (out of filters) and started jotting down the dates I know. There is a ton when school first starts up and all their activities begin and it gives me much peace of mind. It's also very scary to look back on and think "HOW did I make it through that month?"
Let the year begin!!!



2 comments:
I like this idea! Thanks for sharing.
I have that calendar too! I LOVE it!
Post a Comment