On Tuesday, I added the final bit of $ to max out my very first, albeit small, RRSP contribution. The goal was $1000 and it is now sitting all nestled in a savings account after Christmas.
The goal was originally $1500 but for some reason that number, combined with all the other things I needed to do for school start and fall goals, kept stressing me out. So I lopped it down to $1000 and felt better immediately.
My goal for next year's is $1500 and I will keep increasing it from there. Sometime next year my first consolidated loan SHOULD be paid in full, so I will have some extra money there to put towards it and make it a more reasonable amount.
Still, I am pleased I actually was able to accomplish this for the first time. I wish I were only 20 though and not the venerable age of almost 40 when I am finally starting to 'get it'.
It's back to work today for me. Time to start earning $ again. Happy Day all.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
4 comments:
Congrats on meeting that goal!!
Congrats to you!! :)
yay, congrats on meeting your goal. it must make you feel very accomplished!
You and me both, Jolie! Boy, do I wish I had understood this stuff 20 years ago...but there you are. I know now and have made great strides, so just have to stay motivated and focused. Congrats on meeting your goal!! :)
Post a Comment