Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

A good catch

Last week I had put the first of $ in my savings account for future RRSP purchases. This is the same account I keep my Christmas money in as well as my baby EF $. I finally got the online banking hooked up properly for it but I got confused when the $250 didn't seem to get added on.

I checked my receipt from the bank and yeah.....it should have been in there.

I debated going today or Monday. I thought perhaps on a Friday afternoon the bank might be busy or the staff might be less happy to help. I went anyways.

I hit the ATM first to get a print out of the current balance then headed in. I explained my question and showed the receipt from last week. After a bit of digging she found that it had been erroneously deposited into the trust/yearly dues portion of the bank. There is a $5 member fee per year. I however was special and paid $255 lol. They have no clue how that happpened as there are several steps to 'get' into that part They transferred it to the correct amount.

I never keep those receipts but recently I started to and boy am I glad I did :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, good thing you kept that receipt!! :)

RTC said...

I'm glad you were paying attention. Scary, isn't it, that a mistake could wipe out your hard earned savings.

Jolie said...

It wasn't gone. Just in an unusual place. They would have figured it out eventually lol

Jessie said...

That sounds so strange - that's good that you found it!

Tammy said...

Just think how many years of dues you would have had paid up! 51 counting this year! Good thing you caught that.