Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Almost the weekend

I made it through the city trip. The boys and I did lunch for under $30 so that was good. We hit the first big bookstore. It ws my first time in there. For a book lover like myself it's simply amazing and overwhelming. I just can't believe how many different books are out there. People may not like to read, but you can't tell me in a store that size, there isn't something of interest for everyone in there.

I did well. I didn't find the book I wanted there. My sons each got the books they were looking for, paid for with their own money. It's good for them to have practice with money handling and spending. Even just the mechanics of being at the cashier on their own is a good experience for them.

We jetted to the older, smaller (but still good sized) bookstore and I learned the book I want is out of stock and en route to being out of print. The store wouldn't get getting any more of them in. Now granted if I were to journey to another city there's a good chance it could be there, but I wasn't willing to take a chance, given how rarely I go places.

I came home and found it on amazon.ca so I ordered from there. Should be here in a week or so.

I also had hit a used bookstore in the city and got 2 novels I'd been looking for, used. All told three books cost me under $30. There goes my spending money for the week LOL

I haven't bought books in ages, let alone three in one day. Such a wild girl I am lmao

3 comments:

RTC said...

Enjoy your books! I agree about the value of having teens make their own purchases. We are getting them ready to fly out the nest!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could tell me how you got your savings-tracker and debt-tracker images on the right side of your blog. I've been searching everywhere for a hint on how to add something similar to my blog.

Thanks!

Jolie said...

DP I received it from a now defunct blogger who emailed me the code for it. (I honestly don't have a clue on my own). If you'd like it you'll just need to email me at joliereves@yahoo dot com. Put "savings tracker" in the topic and I'll know it is from you.