It's been a long month. There is that great excitement at the beginning of the month when that one paycheck comes in and you go online and have visitation rights with that number for a few moments.
Then the sorting begins: transferring to this account and that account; taking out the cash for spending and putting it in the little envelopes; paying off a few of the bills.
By the end of Week 1, all bills have arrived and are paid and you're left with three weeks of 'this amount in my account is allll I have left for THREE MORE WEEKS. It's rather depressing but encourages the frugality for 2 of the weeks.
By the last week, and I noted this in particular this month, you have x dollars left for the week and I don't seem to spend as carefully as I should. Money is borrowed from budget line 'fuel' to go towards overbudget groceries, unexpected expenses pop up and make one go 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhh where am I getting the money for THIS?'
Then pay day comes and it goes all over again.
I need to spend some time tonight tinkering with the budget lines and shifting things around to reflect what I learned this month. I also need to write out my plan of attack to make sure everything gets done.
It certainly would be more fun if I had this amount to play with 2 times a month LOL
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment