Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

RRSP Update

When last we left my wee little RRSP account it had a balance of $15 455.92 and had made a gain of under $200.

With my quarterly update I am up $358 with a new balance of $15 814.84

I really wish I had been in a position (or smart enough) to add more, and start earlier.  As I head to the last 10 or so years of working I know this little bit isn't going to get me far at all when retirement comes, especially after it's taxed.


I have my $1500 saved for my 2018 contribution so perhaps I will have time to get it added in the next couple weeks.


3 comments:

Saskatchewan Savings said...

It was a good quarter for my RRSP too! You have a pension thru your work, correct?

Anonymess said...

You've done a really good job, though, Jolie, and done it all on your own. I hope you can feel proud if what you've accomplished, even if you wish you'd done more. And soon you won't be paying for tuition or mortgage, which will help.

Jane said...

If I could do it all over again I would have maxed out my TFSAs instead of my RRSPs (although we didn't have TFSAs for most of my working years.) I withdraw $5,000 from my RSPs most years but it puts me in a higher income tax bracket and the $500 that is automatically deducted isn't enough. Last year I had to pay another $600 in taxes and this year it is even higher than that. Believe me, the break you get while working is temporary - they tax it back and more once you're retired and withdrawing it to live on. It has really upset me let me tell you!!