It's like an old episode of Unsolved Mysteries
Tuesday.... noon... a woman decides to better use her noon time for errands when her tire blows.
Thousands of miles away.....(and three days) her oldest son is driving and boom! his tire blows.
coincidence??? or another unsolved mystery??
Long story short I ran errands on Tuesday at noon and my tire light comes on to say it's low. I run to the gas station to put air in it. When I unscrew the air cap, WHOOSH!! it goes flying across the parking lot to parts unknown, while the little brass valve flies out and lands a couple feet away. As I ran to grab it, my tire donates all it's air to the atmosphere.
I had to get DH to run over and swap vehicles to handle this or I would have been late for afternoon classes. He took it to get fixed and $135 later it's apparently better.
The same thing happened to another of my tires the night before we were to drive down to see DS last fall.
DS2's tire blew yesterday in the same manner. I am glad it happened while he was still in his college town and not starting the 17 hour drive home to Canada.
His bill was $110 US.
I know I have an Emergency Fund but it's really my TFSA. I need to start a real emergency slush fund that is accessible easily for things like this.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
4 comments:
Cars need budgets of their own it seems. I'm glad both tire issues happened in safe places.
We have had a bunch of car maintenance crop up as well. Brake pads, flat tire (a huge screw), oil leak, brakes on the other car. . . luckily, my husband is handy, but it's still super expensive & time consuming!
Yeah, I have no slush fund for stuff like that either. Just use savings. Well, I do have a "misc budget" line in my budget but it doesn't always have enough to cover such unexpected expenses. I'm glad that you both were able to safely deal with the situation.
I will sit down this summer and see if I can create a slush fund. even a small but grows over time slush fund.
Post a Comment