So we got DS2's car back yesterday from his millionth trip to the dealer/repair.
They replaced the transmission with a refurbished one from SGI (sask govt insurance). It comes with a lower price and a year's warranty.
They replaced the rear lower control arms again. Less than two months after they did it the first time. Zero charge for that.
The total for the bill was just over $3700.
The policy covered all but $300. (deductible plus some things like transmission fluids etc)
I certainly have gotten my value out of that policy that I regretted buying. This car has cost more than it's purchase price now, in 13 months. A good part of it from not being fixed properly when we take it in and our concerns not being taken seriously.
I have zero confidence in the sales staff who assured us this car was in mint condition, and the repair staff who aren't able to fix things properly.
I know that I will never buy another vehicle from this dealer again, or one that needs to go them for repairs.
DS left for the weekend to his scout camp so hopefully when he actually gets home and drives it, it is all as it should be. properly.
The $300 comes out of my backpay.
I am sure glad I have it.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
1 comment:
Cars, the endless upkeep on them and how much we adore them. It is crazy how much you have had to do with that car.
Same is happening with us. Ours just went kurplunk and we are weighing the options.
Post a Comment