Ok I am tuning in to the Can/US women's hockey game shortly, but that isn't the goal I am cheering for.
I am happy to say that as of 30 minutes ago, I have now achieved my TFSA/EF goal of $2000.
I headed down to the bank to make the final deposit and have them do the paperwork to make it all official.
I have scrimped and skimmed, mostly from my grocery account (hello pantry and freezer cooking) and used most of my spending money each week ($20/week) and a bit from gas.
I now have $5000 in my TFSA account. I am excited about that but I also recognize that $5000 was the yearly allotment I could have put in for the first year of my TFSA, which was 2010 I believe. As of now I could, in theory, have $25 000+ in there.
But I must be happy for what I have done, and promise myself to keep at it each year. I have approximately 11 years of work left, so hopefully I can add at the very least $25 000 to it before R day.
For those of you Canadians with a TFSA out there, do you have it in a regular savings account or do you have it in a fancier form of investment?
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
6 comments:
I have $1000 in a regular TFSA ("buffer" account) and another $2000+ in an ING streetwise TFSA.
I'm a bit cautious so I just have a regular TFSA savings account.I haven't managed to deposit the whole $25,000 either but hope to catch it up eventually.
congrats on reaching your goal! I looked up what TFSA accounts are and they sound like a great savings tool, we don't have them here but we can save for our retirement at a lowered tax rate so I'm thinking of adding some extra funds to that account/
I have a few accounts... A regular high interest savings account (it is a super low rate and I will be moving it), GIC's, and some higher risk mutual funds. This year I'm going into more mutual funds again.
Good work on your goal!!!
Yay! Good work Jolie! GOAL!
I've put my TFSA in a regular savings account right now but I am waiting for it to accumulate some savings before I move it into a GIC of some sort.
Congrats on reaching your goal! :D
I opened a TFSA account last month and get a certain amount of my pay cheque direct deposited, so I'm a long long way from reaching the max lol.
Post a Comment