Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 - a quick glance

The beauty of having blogged for so long is that one acquires access to personal data trends from across the years.  It helps me see what progress I have made and helps to formulate goals for the upcoming year.

For dates, I am using information from the start of December for each  year.

Debts
December 2009 - $70 771.99
December 2010 - $52 410.25 (down $18 361.74)
December 2011 - $40 055.29 (down $12 354.96)
December 2012 - $35 921.04 (down $4 134.25)
December 2013 - $25 925.49 (down $9 995.55)

Purely looking at the numbers one could say that I have put less of an effort at debt reduction as the years have progressed. It doesn't taken into account the fact that I have several different KINDS of debt in 2009 and now that I have reached 2013, I currently have only  my mortgage.

The numbers will probably be different for 2014. If DS1 does not qualify for student loans to offset his college fees then I will probably acquire more debt for a bit to help supplement this.

It will definitely be a learning process for all of us.

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

Almost $45,000 down is very good over a four year span. Good work! Why wouldn't your son qualify for student loans?

The Asian Pear said...

Wow. That is awesome. Look how much a year makes. And look how far you've come since 2009!