Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to Work

Well today was my first day back at work. It felt like summer went so very fast. It always does.

Summers start off full of promise and time and whoosh, before you know it, they are gone.

We have a week of meetings and Professional Development, which is new for us. Usually the kids in our area start before the long weekend. It was kind of nice as you had a chance to get them back, get your numbers of students, get them settled and unpacked and then we had the long weekend to relax.

This year all of SK's students start back after the long weekend as per the government's ruling. That should be interesting for years where the Sept long weekend is later (because of how the Mondays fall)

I dropped my vehicle off at the bodyshop at 8 AM and they drove me over to get my rental. For the week, or however long it takes, I am driving a Hyundai Santa Fe.  The first thing I noticed is that the seats are much higher than in my SUV. So much so that when I swung myself in to the driver's seat, I cracked my head  on the vehicle.  Lovely way to start back to work...with a headache.

Apparently this model does not have seats that raise or lower.  Forward or back to my heart's content. I can tilt til the cows come home. But no up and down.

Based on that alone I would not buy this particular model and vehicle. Not worth the weird angles trying to get in the drivers seat or the mild concussions :-)

I am tired today. It is going to take a bit to get back into work mode.

No comments: