Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Milestone

Well I made it through prom night. 

After  9 months of anticipation and planning and making decorations it has come and gone. Fancy suits and dresses.....heels so high I have no clue how they can dance in them. Dresses were long this year - flowy. Some of them lovely to do the formal walk in, but impossible to dance in without hitching them up. We did pictures with DS and his escort earlier in the day. She looked lovely, and I am not bias just because she was once a student of mine.   There were 125 graduates at prom with their escorts. They danced, danced, danced for over 6 hours straight. The evening went until 3:30 AM then we cleaned up the hall and headed home.  

A short entry for a big evening. I find it hard to put it all into words.  I am tired, and more than a little nostalgic (pretty speak for weepy) at this milestone.  I have enclosed a small pic of them, looking out across the valley.

5 comments:

its me, sam said...

Beautiful!

Tania said...

Love the blue tones on both of them. I'm sure it was a great night. And I'm sure they all crashed the following morning! 6hrs of dancing... ouch.

The Witch said...

So lovely.
Doesn't it just bring back all those wonderful memories.
Hope you took lots of pictures. It will be a day they remember for a very long time.
Thanks for sharing.

Louise said...

Such special moments aren't they. (I love the colour of the dress.)

The Asian Pear said...

Awwh, they grow up so fast. ;)