I just heard wonderful news and wanted to share.
Remember my friend Karen, who was in the Canadian Paralympics Super Fan contest???
Well close to the end of it, certain 'voting irregularities' were discovered regarding one of the other contestants. This forced the Committee to investigate. When they could not reach a decision on the legalities of it, they were forced to go to Plan B - all entries, even the ones with no votes, were put into a hat and one winner was randomly chosen. We were heartbroken when our Cheering Canuck was not picked.
Well today I heard from her and she told me that the Committee decided to award a duplicate prize to the top unofficial vote getter. Karen is off to the Olympics to cheer on her friend Joan on the Paralympic Rowing Team.
I am beyond happy for her. Thank you to all of you who clicked and voted and helped make this happen. You did a good thing!!!
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
3 comments:
that is awesome! i hope she has a blast!
Very cool! That sucks to have those votes mixed up and had to resort to fully randomizing. Glad she won still!
I hope so too. Trip of a lifetime.
Post a Comment