Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Where the money stands

as of May 6th

Debts
Mortgage - $31 089.92
Vehicle Loan - $491.43
Line of Credit - $3550.00
Total Debt - $35 131.35

Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $2000
RESP - $10 100.00
RRSP - $4000
Summer 2012 - $1000

First off, I am excited to see that the boys' RESP is now just over $10 000. I realize that won't go far in the big picture for their post secondary education, but it is 10 grand more than I had for them just a couple years ago. I have never saved $10 000 for anything before so this is pretty exciting for me.

The second big news is the vehicle loan. I know, I know, I talk about it more than anything. But it's at $491 now. A hundred dollars less than a regular payment. I am very pleased I was able to find the money over the years to bring the time of this loan down down down.  I will enjoy seeing this teeny amount for the next 30 days and then, it will be gone.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That vehicle loan is nearly dust Jolie! Yay!

Bridget said...

Great job!! And $10K will help ALOT for your boys' educations -- it's $10K they don't have to go into debt for, and as someone that graduated $20K in the hole, I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to only owe half of what I do =\

Maureen said...

So proud of you, I get a lot of motivation from you so stick at it girl.

On your previous post I am so sorry to see you so debilitated, but what awesome bosses giving you the time off you so need, on the weight thing I know where you are coming from....

Tania said...

$10,000 is a LOT. Don't ever think otherwise! A lot of people heading into college have to go in with zero, or worse, they go in with debt! So $10,000 is a GREAT amount.

Rose said...

Nice work! What a way to start summer holidays, car paid off! What's your next tackle? The line of credit? The way you are going it will be paid off by Christmas, nice work!