Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

ohhh I almost forgot!

In the busyness of the past few weeks I forgot that with my last payday, I am now done making payments on my laptop.

I bought it in the fall of 2009 through a program our work offers. After applying for permission from work, I bought my computer outright on my CC. I then took my receipt into work and signed the repayment contract. They cut me a cheque for the full amount which went straight back to the CC to clear off the debt. Then work takes $x off each month for 10 months or 20 months (1 school year or 2). It is basically an interest free loan.

So on the 25th, I paid my last installment and I now have another $48.56 to add to my budget line each month.  Here's hoping my two computers last so I don't have to do this again for a year or two.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's great! Congrat's

The Witch said...

Congratulation. Now you will be a little richer each month. What will you put the extra cash towards?
That was a very thrifty way to be able to buy the computer.

Counting all my stars and saving it said...

woohoo! awesome....