Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Money in.....................money out

Well as quickly as it came in, it has gone. Money in, money out. One day I am 'rich' and the next I am back to same ole same ole. It was such a sense of elation to get the cheque and rather bittersweet for it to be all used up.


I have to admit that temptation reigned supreme as I struggled with what I wanted to do with the money and what I SHOULD do with the money.


So what thoughts entice me away from my goals and purpose???

1) I would love to put the money down on a trip to take my boys to either Toronto/Niagara or else out to Victoria. I have exactly two summers left before DS1 is graduated and our world  changes. I am running out of time to do this.



2) I could take them away during the Easter break. Our quick jaunt away in February did wonders for our spirits and our mother/sons bonding time.

3) I spent some delicious moments at arbonne.ca. I love their products and I could spoil myself greatly with some product.

4) I could go get my hair cut, coloured WITH more than one tone, and a nice pedicure for my winter ravaged feet.

5)  I could buy these amazing Michael Kors shoes for $160. Forget that I have
NOwhere towear them LOL

6) I could succumb to temptation and buy an Ipad or Ipad2 for about $750, plus case, plus accessories, plus plus plus.

7) I could run, not walk but RUN to amazon.ca and clickity click order my Kindle and a boat load of new titles for the boys and I. I'd share. Honest.

8) When we were in Edmonton, I visited the Michael Kors store and drooled over this purse (before the clerks 'you don't belong here' looks got to me. It is only $300 ish lol



9) OR I could throw all caution and sense to the wind and get the purse I drooled over for the low price of $2295.
so what did I do????????? I was boring, dear readers. very very boring. I marched myself to my bank yesterday, deposited the  money into an account and then had them whap $1200 down as a lump sum payment on my loan. That was the equivalent of 2 months' payments. Instead of it being done June of 2014, I am now at April of 2013. My goal is to have this paid off before DS1 finished Grade 11, which means June 2012.

ahhhh but it was nice to dream.

13 comments:

Dreamin said...

You did good! You have great will power. Just think of the satisfaction you will feel, once you have your loan paid off, and then it will be time to start splurging on your wish list...

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog - am new to the PF blogging world. See ... you're where I want to be. Responsible! Good for you! I don't dare go anywhere near the Apple store for fear I'd be going home with an iPad2.

Sarah

Counting all my stars and saving it said...

OHHHHH... the shoes and purse! I'm not helping sorry but those are soooo puurtyy. I'm very proud of you for sticking to your guns and taking that extra step to get rid of your loan. You're doing the right thing! keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

yay!! good for you! thats great that you saved two months payments.

I'm rich for about 10 minutes on payday till I transfer all the payments. But it's going to worth it in the long run.

Sarah said...

not in to the purse and the shoes... but i so get the Amazon order.... as for what you did with the extra money!!! Well done I am so jealous and so happy for you!!

PS: Ipad3 comes out at the end of this year... don't waste your money! ;P

Little Lamb said...

Great job sticking to your debt free plan! Dreaming is nice though. I love this quote - "Be assured that it gives much more pain to the mind to be in debt, than to do without any article whatever which we may seem to want." - Thomas Jefferson

New PF blogger,
Little Lamb :)

Morgaine said...

I had that same "rich" feeling on the 17th - 3 weeks of pay at my new pay rate PLUS my tax return, on the same day! I certainly had to fight the temptation to buy a bunch of stuff/blow the refund. I did manage to pay off my Visa and make an extra payment on my consolidation loan. However, I did buy some new clothes (for whenever spring decides to grace us with its presence) and CDs. Gotta have some fun, sometimes ;)

Good for you though, the 2 extra payments on your loan was totally worth waiting on those other items :)

Girl Makes Cents said...

That's sooo awesome. Dreaming is definitely fun! 2 extra months is amazing. Good for you for not giving into temptation. June 2012 is a great goal, I hope you accomplish it!

Sharon said...

You are good. I loved all those maybes....

That picture is amazing!! I want to go there...where is it??

We need a vacation soooooooo bad. Hopefully my husband will get a big fat bonus (unlikely though) and we can use a bit of it for an escape!

Jolie said...

Thank you Louise

The Asian Pear said...

haha.

Well, it's for the best. Now you can be paid off sooner... Just in time for DS1 to go to college or university. ^__^;;

Jolie said...

I just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderfully supportive comments. It would have been much more fun to spend it all but realistically, I know I made the best choice.

Welcome to the Money Tree, Gazelle Sisters. I am so glad you stumbled across my site.

Sharon, I believe that picture is from a whale watching tour company in Victoria, BC. My niece did the tour a few years ago with her cousins and raved about it.

Jane said...

I knew YOU would win out and you'd whack your debt - all of those things were tempting, especially the trip with your boys - ya did good!