We started Saturday at 7:30. It was cold!!! Of course I'd rushed out the doors to get to mom's early to haul stuff out and open the garage door. I forgot my coat. So after it was all ready to go, I sat there all curled up under a fuzzy blanket I stole off her couch, sipping coffee and baileys and enjoying one of mom's buttermilk bran muffins straight out of the oven. mmmmm delicioso.
It was intermittantly busy but I would call the day a success. Someone bought our old couch set and end tables (woo hoo!!!!) and they took the giant solid oak (heavy) entertainment unit that honestly doesn't fit the new flatscreen tvs. The airhockey table ended up going to the girl I grew up next door to. Her boys love it so I am glad it's gone from under DS1's bed where it had been stored. I kept stubbing my toe on the thing!! The universal gym (which we affectionately called the clothes dryer) went at the very end of the day. The lady was unsure and thought she should wait til her husband was home later Sat night and then she'd have a way to get it home. To heck with that!! "I have a husband and two sons and a truck. We can take it right now if you want!!" . she did. wheeeeeee
I was so happy. The china did not sell. It's back in boxes with 2010 newspaper around it instead of 1992 paper lol. I brought home 2 boxes of videos and books to store and everything else is going to a donation depot where they give it /sell it to families in need. I am beyond happy about not having to store it.
The results?
- well I have an almost empty recroom while we await the arrival of the sectional, which I can pay for fully :-)
- I have a bit of extra $ to go towards back to school shopping in the city tomorrow with the boys
- I have a semi empty teeny garage. Still too small for a vehicle but you can walk in it and everything now :-)
- If I had to measure what I got rid of over the summer in the equivalent of big black garbage bags, it would be close to 100.
- My grocery budget is very healthy. Mom fed us all those meals so I can use the money in that to pay for some of the boys' school fees.
I am at the school and the pressure is on to get everything hung up and in it's place so the real planning work can begin. I am gone tomorrow to the city so that day is out. Tues I have a haircut and Wed is my once a year pedicure so time is crazy slipping away. Thurs work begins. Students arrive Monday.
On the bright note, my niece is at the hospital in Calgary having her baby. Thank god for text updates. The last baby born in my family was DS2 and that was 13 years ago so it's been a long time. She won't be able to make it home for my nephew's wedding next weekend, which is too bad. We're a close family and she will be sad not to be there when everyone else is, but 8 hours driving with a new baby is too much for anyone.
ok to work I go. Thanks for listening.
5 comments:
Sounds like you made some big sales...nice! Good for you for making the effort to have the sale!
Your putting me in the notion to host a garage sale, now what can I get rid of ????
"End of Pantry cleanout. End of Weekend. End of Winter"
Good for you Jolie. Do you know anyone that's getting married soon? Perhaps you could re-gift the China to someone else?
LBC- thanks. it was good to get it over with before school starts this week.
Maureen - it's surprising what you find to get rid of once you start the process lol
Sam - well my nephew is this weekend but his bride to be wouldn't want it. she's.............. particular *rolls her eyes*
Great job on the yardsale! I'm also glad your paying for that couch in full with some cash!
Post a Comment