My vehicle loan is 60 payments long. I have almost finished year 1 and am at 11 down, 49 to go. Frightening. incredibly frightening.
My goal is to pay this off at minimum one year early . DS1 graduates from HS at the 'one year early' point and I will need this money for other things.
I have officially paid off one extra month off the end of my loan. It now is finished May 2014 instead of June 2014. Looking at that far off date seems ridiculous. Such a long ways away and so many payments to go.
I guess we eat an elephant one bite at a time. My consolidation loan wasn't this big when I started paying it off early so perhaps that is why the task didn't appear so Herculian.
Ah well, I shall keep pecking away at this and sooner or later than one extra payment done will become two, then three and perhaps then it will feel more like the ball is rolling on this.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
3 comments:
Exactly! Rome wasn't built in a day. There are a lot of those types of sayings because it's true! Save up and lay down those extra payments. One month at a time.
I,ve only just started to read your blog as I,m looking for motivation in my quest to get my finances under control. Reading of your successes is going to spur me on, well done
Thanks GMC - I will keep working to get that second extra month of cash ready to knock off another one.
Maureen - Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate your kind words and hope you come back again.
Post a Comment