Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

A CC annoyance

In April-ish I began using my Mastercard again, only with money already budgeted for, and to be paid off right away, just to get myself some more airmiles. There is no fee for the card so as long as I use it responsibly, it should be win win. So far so good and I'm pleased to see I have aquired a bit of restraint when it comes to exercising the plastic.

If I buy something that is normally budgeted out of the jars, I simply come home and move the money from that jar to a MC jar and then pay it once a week. If it comes out of another part of my budget, I just come home and immediately make that payment on the MC.

Here's the annoying part. Last Monday I gave myself a long earned and saved treat of a pedicure and a colour. I put it on the Mastercard and dutifully came home and paid it immediately out of that online savings account. The charge itself still hasn't shown up on my online MC statement. The payment is there. Other purchases made after it have shown up, but this one, which is now 7 days old, isn't there.

This is a new revelation for me as I used to just wait for the bill to come and see it then. How long does it take businesses to get their info in so it shows up online?

No comments: